Monday, January 14, 2013

Seasonal Flu Season & My Mad Skills!!

  I’ve been recovering from what I suspect to be the flu. It hit me harder than a cold and knocked me right over, and it takes a lot to knock me down. It hit me Thursday morning, and of course I had to work Thursday night through Sunday night. As I stood at work in a foggy daze of congestion and throat irritation, I thought to myself, “Self, there has to be something in that small stash of essential oils that can help ease this congestion and hacking cough.”

  When I got home I did a bit of research, and sometime around the point Thursday changed to Friday I threw together some things I call “tub fizzies.” I know I did not mastermind this idea, but I was pretty impressed that I came up with it given the fact that I barely made it through a night of work at a job I’ve done since I was 19 and could do blindfolded and on one foot. I couldn’t do it with my hands tied behind my back, because then I couldn’t cut pizza. But anyway . . . .

  The basic things that make any bath fizzy fizz are baking soda and citric acid. I intended to put this fizzy in the shower and have it release the essential oils while I stood under the warm water and tried to fight off the chills this flu gave me, so I didn’t add anything extra that I would have had this been intended for use in a bath.

  I have no pictures of these fizzies as I went through them pretty quick. I used two NOW brand essential oil blends that I had on hand, Lavender and Tea Tree and Lemon and Eucalyptus. In order to maximize the effects of the essential oils, I used them two at a time, one fizzy with each blend.
 
  I found these fizzies to be incredible, and I was happy that I could use my mad skills to find some relief, because these fizzies were far more enjoyable than the feeling I got from the cough syrup I bought Saturday morning. Yech!

  Coming up I’ve got super fun times and several projects to talk about. I can’t wait to share them =D

No comments:

Post a Comment