Sunday, April 29, 2012


Mother’s day is coming! And I’ve decided to make lotions for all my moms. But shhh, don’t tell them!  


I recieved a sample of “Sweet Meyer Lemon” fragrance oil in my latest Bramble Berry order, so I decided to give it a try in lotion. It smells deliciously sweet, almost like candy, and I love it my new lotions. 


In making soap, I narrowed down my oils and have a good mixture that I both like, can acquire fairly inexpensively, and are good to my skin. I have very sensitive skin, and having soap that won’t dry me out and turn me into an itchy red welt is important. I decided in designing my lotion formula to carry over some of those oils. So, in every bar of soap and every bottle of lotion I make, one will find avocado and grapeseed oils and shea butter. I find them to be very nice to my skin, and hopefully to my moms’ skin, too!

I have found lotion making to be almost as fun as cold process soap making, and this time it was no different. I really enjoy that I can customize my lotions and formulate them to meet my needs exactly. I can make a thicker cream for my feet and elbows and lighter lotions for everyday use. I know all my moms (my mum, my sister, and my fiancée’s mom) will enjoy this lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment