Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Wonderful World of Soap

I make soap. It's sort of new. For the past four months I've made a bi-weekly trip to Paris Farmer's Union to buy lye from the drain cleaner section. Today I got my first shipment of lye from an on-line supplier. 8 pounds of food-grade lye, which will soon be lovely, lathery, fragrant soap. I can't wait!

I'm not entirely sure how I decided to make soap. I remember wanting to try it last summer, but last summer was one I'd rather forget, and I had no time to take up a new hobby. I wish I would have, though, because it's so much fun. I love everything about it. From formulating the recipe to pouring my raw soap to enjoying the finished product, there is not one thing about this hobby that I don't like. I just wish I had more time to do it in.

So this is where I talk about it. My trials. My tribulations. My triumphs. This is where I share my soap story.

No comments:

Post a Comment